10/25/08

our happy camper

This kid is all smiles!! There is nothing more rewarding than a baby smiling at you, it just reassures you that all is right with the world.


























Just the other night, Madigan fell asleep on Brett just as she is asleep on him in the picture! She was sitting facing out on his lap, when she got really quiet... and we both looked and she was asleep! Arms back, legs sprawled, plain-old sleeping. She truly is my child, for her ability to sleep whenever she decides she wants to, and in whatever position she happens to be in. 
 My new job at the cath lab started last Monday, and I really enjoy it. I think I will learn a lot, and I really enjoy my co-workers. I also enjoy getting off work at 2 to 4 pm every day, and actually seeing my daughter when she's awake! Brett is still doing good in school and enjoys working at the bank with all the "women" (half of whom are pregnant! Poor guy has been surrounded by emotional women for too long!) He gets to enroll for classes this week for his LAST semester. Graduation will be in May. Don't worry, Dana and I are already planning the party... :)  Brett and I have joined a Co-Ed Badminton league at the YMCA that we are members at. We joked around that we would go in and be really competitive, but honestly, everyone there IS!! They were so happy to have a "local" league because most of them had been driving to Grand Island for the last year to compete!! WHAT?! We played 4 matches, and only won ONE game- and we don't stand a chance against the asian couples that are in the league. It's going to be a 6 week session in getting our butts kicked, but we have enjoyed having the time together. Madigan stayed with her first "babysitter" (besides her daycare girls) that night- a co-worker of mine named Trisha. (I guess a RN with ACLS training is a pretty good pick for babysitter) Trisha is actually the daughter of Madigan's daycare class head teacher Ms. Chris! So I guess her child-care is all in the family. I did get chewed out by another co-worker Jan (aka "Nana Jan")  for not asking her to babysit-so next time I guess Madigan is headed to Nana Jan's so she doesn't have to watch her parents get their butt's whooped by asians at badminton!! :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: