12/27/09

First Haircut


Christmas Eve:

First, you should know there is a bit of redemption with the Great Christmas Fail. Madigan seemed to hate all the shoes she got this Christmas. (Minus, of course, the pink, old school converse shoes she got from Brett's aunt DeeAnn & family. Because those shoes rock, and even an almost 18-month-old knows that.) But she also got slippers from Grandma & Grandpa Hille, and more crock-ish shoes in her stocking, and both pairs were thrown by the wayside. She apparently only loves her too-small slippers she has now. Who woulda thought?

Now, onto the haircut:
A couple "before" shots:

(Christmas morning hair- of course!)


During...
(dum-dum suckers... a god-send!)
After....


A special thank you goes out to Madigan's Aunt Ashley, who is a professional stylist, and gave miss M her first hair cut. Although the fuzz that was trimmed hardly constitutes a "locket" of hair, we saved it anyway. Because we're silly first time parents like that.

I suppose this means that all the baby-type firsts have been "done"....
*sigh*

3 comments:

  1. She looks so cute. Sarah I'm pretty sure you had some monkey jammies in college that look alot like the ones Madigan is wearing. Like mother like daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried when Kendra got her hair cut the first time. They took one snip of the bangs, and I made them stop! By the way, I love your blog so much, I sorta copied it on mine. Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah--
    Thank you for your neverending support and kindness.
    And thanks too, for your words about your mom. On my old blog I often wrote those words too..that we were learning to love my Dad for who he was NOW, not mourn who we lost. But I have let that sentiment get away from me, and it is good to be reminded of it because it is so true. I cannot imagine the pain of actually watching your Mom go through a stroke.

    On a MUCH brighter note--the hair cut is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: