6/25/10

Calling all Prayer Warriors!

This post is just a bits-n-pieces one:

  • A friend of mine from high school, Janae, has recently been dealing with some health issues with her daughter AJ. Click on over to her blog to read up on it, or just feel free to pray for her family as you see fit. It's hard when you hurt for your children. Send her some love!
  • I had to do the Heimlich on Madigan last week. I'm a nurse, I'm not an 'over-react'-er. This was the obstructed airway, no noise from her blue little face back-blows. She was eating a chip and coughed. Then just didn't cough and made no noises- before I could do anything (actually I think I said "Holy $h!t") I had her out of her booster seat and was doing the back blows. Five solid hits later she was crying and pushing me away. Apparently choking is scary enough, but then having your mom rip you from your seat and beat you is equally as traumatic. Brett had to reassure her that "mommy hit you because she wanted to help you." In the spirit of full disclosure, she actually wanted to finish dinner, and ate quite a bit more. I didn't eat much after that... I felt too icky.
  • I really need to write down all the things that Madigan says incorrectly. Because they're funny and soon enough she'll be talking correctly. Here's a start: Bug = "bung"; alpaca = "al-ca-pack-a"; Big Bird = "Bing Bud"; elephant = "ele-phip". And recently we had to have this conversation: (M) "What's that?" (Me): "It's a nipple." (M) "Nee-pull" (Me) "yes." (M) "Daddy- shirt please."
  • Brett & I have started a 60-day workout program that I'm fairly certain was designed by satan and has the ultimate goal of causing cardiac arrest. I could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure I'm spot-on. We took "before" pictures (which you will not be seeing, thankyouverymuch) and also did measurements. We started it about 2 weeks ago and re-measuring hasn't been necessary since my clothes are literally falling off of me. Even though I'm "2 weeks successful" I still can't go "public" with it (on facebook, naturally) because I still want the option to quit and not be accountable to anyone. There, I admitted it and hopefully someone who reads this will now keep me accountable.... Anyone? Anyone??
  • I'm thinking I need to dye my hair blonde again. Because Madigan is such a cute blonde, and everyone says "Who is the blonde in the family?!" (Brett & I were BOTH super blonde, so that answer to that is "both of us") but since we've both gotten darker in our 20's (his naturally and mine has been helped along...) nobody believes that she gets that from us. I'm thinking of going lighter... opinions?
That covers the basics of what's happening here. Again, please keep my friend Janae in your prayers, and leave her some love/support on her blog if you'd like. It's a rough time, and it's always nice to know people care.....

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Sarah. Every little bit of encouragement helps tons.

    We (meaning Justin) had to do the Heimlich on Kendra when she was about 2 also. She choked on a piece of turkey, and just stood there in front of us with the scariest face I have ever seen. I panicked, Justin started "hitting" her. It doesn't sound like our experience was quite as traumatic. I'm glad Madigan is okay now. I know exactly how scared you were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes that's scary about the choking! Good thing you were calm and prepared!

    And what is the weight loss/workout plan?? I need to know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOHHHH! You came out with it! You're accountable now! You know you have me on your side!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah
    Please don't think your post caused me any stress! It's not posts like these that do it--I have no problem with people requesting prayers and I have no problem praying for people. I think what can hurt is when someone says "I prayed and it worked because I got what I prayed for" because it's hard not to think "then why didn't I get what I prayed for?" Even though I don't even believe prayer as a "ask and you get" kind of thing. Seriously--you get it, and I am always thankful for your support :)

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: