8/31/10

Queen Sized Crib?


Brett & I were cleaning Madigan's room the other day, when I asked him casually how easily her crib converts to a toddler bed. He took the rail off to show me, and Madigan jumped right into her bed and acted excited about how "big girl" it was. We debated a bit, but decided to try it out that night. We rocked and sang, said our prayer and I laid her down in her new "big girl" crib-turned-toddler bed.
She panicked.
Sobbing ensued.
We did try to leave her in there, but neither of us ever had the "Ferber" willpower and we caved about 5 minutes into the episode. I walked in to find her huddled in the corner of the bed, bunny gripped tightly and in between the sobs she muttered, "Side On! Side ON!"
Brett had already grabbed the necessary equipment and was gladly obliging.
She calmed down and watched him attach it, and said in the tiniest voice, "thank you, daddy."
I rocked her a bit more, and as I was tucking her into her four sided crib she said "night night, mama." and went right to sleep.
When I came out of her room, Brett looked at me and said, "If she's in no hurry to grow up, I'm in no hurry to help her. She can stay in that crib as long as she wants to." That's really why I love this man- I felt the exact same way but wasn't going to say it!
In 17 years when she leaves for college I won't have the liberty of knowing where she is every night at 8:30 pm.
Besides, I've already looked into adult size cribs, and I think this will fit nicely into her dorm room:



No comments:

Post a Comment

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: