4/7/11

It's Time...


Race day is upon me.

What were nerves and anxiety early in the week have given way to anticipation and excitement now. I'm ready to run. In the spirit of full disclosure, I did not do my entire training- after my bout with tendonitis (which still seems to flare up after runs) I did not do my other two long runs as called for. To date, my longest run completed is 10 miles. Saturday, I'll have a total of 13.1 miles ahead of me. But I have trained- and my training will help me to cross the finish line.
Running isn't a competition for me, at not least in the traditional "me against them" mentality. It's more me against the voice in my head telling me I am too weak to continue.
My GOAL is to finish.
My ideal goal is to run the entire distance, without walking.
My dream would be to finish in 2:30.

I'll have a full race report- good or bad- after the weekend.

Right now, I'm going to bed, I'm packing my bags and I'm preparing for one of the biggest events I've ever participated in.

~Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Good luck!!! I have complete faith in you and your ability to finish! It will be an amazing experience that I'm sure you'll never forget. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper good luck! I have a feeling you will do GREAT!! Can't wait to hear your finish line report :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO YOU! You can totally do it - there should not be a shred of doubt in your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I can't wait to hear how it goes! You will do great.

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: