1/25/09

Burns Night!


Madigan had her first Burns' Night! Fun was had by all. 
Here is our "Family Picture". Madigan was wearing her first kilt, which matches her dad's kilt and my skirt. 
There was also a bagpipe rendition of "Madigan's March" which my dad wrote and Paul played seconds on. (Never mind the confusion with the second verse...) It was very good! And of course, Madigan loves having grandpa write songs about her. One poor hunter who happened to be a witness to the evenings events stopped Brett & said "Is this whole thing all about the baby?"  YES! Ok, well- No. Brett was
 kind enough to explain who Robert Burns was, but I would have just said "yes" and kept walking...  We enjoyed it quite a bit. (Maybe Brett enjoyed it too much- we couldn't get him out of bed before 10 the next day...



Saturday we went to Hays and finally saw Suzanne & Willy's new house. I want to steal Suz's kitchen! I'm not sure how I got out of there without any pictures... but Madigan played hard with her cousins and I think she has quite the sweet spot for her cousin Max especially! 
Thanks to her cousins, we now have a jumperoo, and quite a few new toys to keep her entertained. I will try to upload a video later in the week of her in the jumperoo- she has gotten the hang of it, and is very impressed with herself!
Madigan loves to watch me cook in the kitchen- she needs to be right up in the mix, banging spoons and grabbing for everything that comes past her. Usually I let her just smell the ingredients, but last week, I gave her just a drop of the juice of a lemon I was cooking with. 
I know, it wasn't terribly nice... but it was kinda funny. 
Hope everyone is having a great day!

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: