5/15/09

Smorgasbord!

(Yes, I had to spell check that title)
Since our last few weeks have been so busy, here is a grab-bag of the highlights:

Guess who is standing up!! She doesn't last long (especially when she knows she solo) but she is standing by herself very steadily. Yes, I know that means walking is next. Bittersweet... But she's a big girl now! :)

I also had my very first mother's day! Somehow, I didn't get ANY pictures during the day. But I did get a free ice-cream cupcake from Cold Stone Creamery just for being a mom. I'll take it! they're delicious!! I also got a Tahitian-black pearl necklace.... good job, honey!Madigan and Grandma played at the park over Brett's graduation weekend. It was beautiful weather!She LOVES the swing at the park. Her cousin Will spent a lot of time playing with her and pushing her very nicely in the swing. Cousins! Will, Max, and Madigan in the park. She's still not sure about grass... notice that she doesn't want to put her right foot down in it. She's slowly getting used to it...


The Gatherin!!! We went back to the Gatherin' the first weekend of May in WaKeeney. This was a pic of my dad piping. Brett and my brother Ben (hermano en fuego) scraped up two ringers and actually won their division (for the third year in a row!) Want to see more pictures? Click HERE!


We also went SWIMMING! Little miss Madigan, in her strawberry swimming suit, enjoyed her time in the water at the YMCA. She is a natural, I think she'll be on the swim team when she's older!Brett finally GRADUATED!! Hooray!! :) We are so proud of him. He has his Bachelor's Degree in Business (Comprehensive) with an emphasis in Finance. He is employed by Midway Chrystler/Dodge here in Kearney. (They also have a sister-store that sells Chevy's). So if you need a new (or used) vehicle, please think of him!
Free Range Photography had another shoot! Meet Miss Shayne Autumn (and her proud mommy Lisa). You gotta love squeezy little newborns...
Madigan also started drinking cow's milk mixed with her mama's milk bottles. So far I've met 4 people who support this change! (Madigan, Brett, me, and Madigan's pediatrician) Yes, I know she's not the "magic" 12 months. Do any of you know babies who had cow's milk before 12 months and survived? *wink*wink* 
Speaking of that "Magic" 12 month mark, I'm open to any ideas of a "theme" for her first birthday party! After all, I only have a matter of weeks to plan this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: