5/4/09

"Not Me! Monday"

I have fallen captive to a blog phenomenon....
If you ever clicked on little Stellan's Mama's blog (the little guy with heart problems I blogged about a while back) then you might have come across her daring invention called "not me! monday" Where mama's all over can confess about their "not me!" moments...
Here are a couple of mine!

First off, I absolutely would NOT put the most adorable picture of my daughter at the end of this post, just so you keep reading. That would be egocentric and that's just not me....

I most certainly did not leave Madigan's diaper off after her bath last week to air out her bum. And if I would have, I surely did NOT turn around in time to see her hunker down and poop on the floor as Brett went diving for it with an open diaper to spare the carpet. Because then we wouldn't have had a conversation about poop-catching vs poop-pile-picking-up. 

I also did not volunteer to drive the 3 hours back from our parent's house this weekend so he could deal with the fussy baby in the back seat. That would just be bad parenting, right? Not me!
It was also NOT ME who hung up on the doctor's nurse this week because we had the most redundant conversation ever. I most surely would not call to get advice from my doctor, only to have a nurse tell me "you'll have to discuss that with your doctor." Because I actually called to do JUST THAT very thing, and you won't let me talk to him... A good christian woman (and a nurse at that!) would never, ever be rude to another nurse on the phone. Not this mom!
Anyone else want to 'fess up to their less than stellar mom moments?
Anyone? 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: