4/27/09

This is a little clip of Madigan using her sign language! 
Brett has to admit, he was NOT a believer in signing with babies when I first started. She has known how to say "more" for probably a month. She is working on "dada" and "dog" too! The correct sign for "star" (that's what we call those star-shaped gerber puffs) is both index fingers pointing up like you're pointing at the stars. She obviously doesn't have the dexterity to point one finger at a time, but you can't argue that she doesn't know what she's asking for. I'm alone while filming this video on my blackberry, so it's not like she can just mimic what I'm doing. I held still and offered her a star. She did the sign! Supposedly, using sign language can help babies communicate earlier and be less frustrated. It is so much fun to see her signing things that we're teaching her. 
I can only imagine that in a few years, she'll be giving us different "signs" with her hands that we won't be all that thrilled about...  Miss Attitude got in trouble for playing in the bathroom the other night. She wouldn't stop crawling into the bathroom and pulling herself up onto the tub.  I told her "no" and brought her back into the living room a few times, and the last time she crawled into the bathroom and sat on the floor mat. As I came around the corner to get her she looked up at me and shut the door in my face. With one little swing of the hand... I just stood there with my mouth hanging open and said to Brett, "She...just....shut....--right in my face!"  All he had to say was "First of many, dear. Get used to it..."  (I promise you that my parents are laughing hysterically as they read this. My mother's "I hope you get one just like YOU" has come to fruition!!!) When I opened the door, she sat there on the mat with a sweet-as-sugar grin like she knew what she was doing the whole time. I have convinced myself it was her version of peek-a-boo... Because 9 1/2 months is too young for an attitude! 
Right?
RIGHT?!

(ps, yes those are leg warmers. Watch out, Olivia Newton-John, Miss Hille is coming for you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: