4/3/09

Entrepreneurial Adventures...

  I'm a professional photographer. 

That phrase seems like such a commitment. 
But I have committed and I'm official. Committed financially, emotionally, completely. The business cards are bought, I'm registering with the state of Nebraska, I'm opening a "doing-business-as" account with my bank; I am committed. I have accepted money for my work- that makes me professional. I am official
I should say, WE are official! 
You see, I have a "Company". 
Introducing CEO, Sarah Hille. (I'm also the editor, designer, lead photographer, receptionist, booking agent, and snot-and-drool wrangler- but all that information doesn't fit on the business card.) I also have a (sometimes not-so-silent) partner and Corporate Finance Officer- Brett Hille. Of course he's the CFO, and you can't call it nepotism- he will after all graduate with his business degree in a matter of weeks. He also wrangles snot on occasion, but he claims it wasn't in his job description when he signed up for this gig. I'd also like to introduce Madigan Hille, our resident model. She books up quickly folks- you gotta ask for her by name and well in advance. (like most models, she weighs around 20 pounds, and is finicky when she isn't properly "handled", fed, groomed and adored- so don't say you haven't been warned). 
There you have it- the core staff of Free Range Photography by Sarah Hille. 
We will be on the web (soon hopefully) at www.FreeRangePhoto.NET (right now, it's just my splash page). 
Do I need to elaborate on the Free Range name? 
My philosophy is photography in natural lights- few posed photos, and allowing people to stay in their comfortable environment. I travel to my clients so they can be in the environment that they're most comfortable with- which is important when my clientele is mainly newborns and small children. Keeping the photography natural, clean, and low-key is what I'm about. I also sign the rights of the pictures over once they're digitally edited, so my clients can print as many pictures as they want- I love to take pictures, not to print them. 
Are you sold yet?
Do you know someone who needs me? 
How about a few examples of what I'm about? 

Here is Brandi. She was 8 days old in these pictures, taken right in her own home!
Newborns are so much fun, and she is beautiful! I just love tiny toe pictures... I can't help it!






























Meet Miles! At 6 weeks old he's quite alert.

He's very handsome...

and easy to photograph!


Here is Leo.
You just can't beat Leo's big blue eyes! Handsome little 3 month old...
























Those are just a few shots to get by until I get my official web page loaded... 



So start spreading the word- 

Free Range is open for business!

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are AWESOME. We might have to have you three come visit us in KC some time and bring your corporation along with you once we have our little one. I want some sweet pictures, and I suck with the camera. Congrats on doing something that you love, and doing it well!

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: