10/12/09

I heart Faces entry




I heart faces is a fantastic photography blog that is chalk full of tutorials, ideas, and mostly, photos from people just like me! That's right- your average, every day folks who have a passion for photography. Ok, so some of them aren't average, they're above average.
Anywho, every week they have a theme to enter an original photograph into their fantastic contest. This is my entry for this week, themed "Excited!" It's actually my first entry ever.
I've seen these contests before, and have hesitated entering for a few reasons. Mostly because I have seen the entries, and they're FABULOUS. I know my photos don't hold a candle to them. But I decided to step out of my safe, happy place and jump right in this week. Because with a theme like "Excited!", I feel like I have a shot that conveys that emotion very well. The two things that get me the most excited in the whole wide world are my beautiful daughter Madigan, and photography, so I couldn't pass this opportunity up. Also, the possibility of getting feedback on my photography from people who know their stuff is a bonus incentive.
So, enjoy my first entry into "I Heart Faces" photography challenge. I hope it's the first entry of many.....

3 comments:

  1. Love the expression. Super cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! I'm so glad you are doing this! Isn't it fun? Very cute baby, but you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an adorable photo! I hope you win...or is it a contest?

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: