2/3/10

Another Before & After post...

So I had a lot of fun last week doing the blog jump for "before & after" pictures that Monica hosted. I had a friend tell me she had just the picture for me to "make over" this week! :)
Here is the "Before" picture. My friend Janae said that she loved this pic of her daughter with her great-grandma, but she didn't love that her bottom was in the background, changing a diaper!
Original:

The first thing I took care of was exactly what she asked, I just "rubber stamped" her booty out of the picture. However, I feel that even when I cropped the image in and left it in full color, it was pretty obvious that something had been tweaked. See:

So next I played with tweaking some color saturation and levels. Here's a faded, antique tone:

And I also faded it out to look aged:

Finally I just played around with some layers and textures. Here's a floral pattern:

Here's an old love letter, and black/white:

And finally, one that just makes it look cracked and old:
I think that a few of them have a nice touch to them. Janae, if you want to save them I think you can just right click and save, but if you need better quality ones I can e-mail.
Again, I had fun tweaking them! If anyone has any snapshots at home they want tweaked for another week, let me know!

3 comments:

  1. That was so cool! I enjoyed seeing your process. What photo editing program did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great that you can completely take something out of the picture?! Great work. I love all of your edits!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the last one! I also like how you completely edited the person out of picture! I've been known to do that a time or two :)

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: