1/30/10

In the end...


Tonight, when I was tucking Madigan into her bed, I did what I always do.

We snuggle together, I rock her in my arms, and we sing a song. Then, with her blanket pressed against her face and her thumb planted firmly in her mouth, I say her "bedtime prayer".

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
May angels watch me through the night,
And wake me with the morning light.
Amen.

She always has to chime in on the "amen" part. It's her favorite part of any prayer. Tonight, she said it four times. Amen. Aaaammmeeennn. amen. AMEN. Very cute.

Then, I layed her down with her blanket and her bunny, and kissed her forehead. I always leave her room with an "I love you". Out of the darkness on my way out, I hear a tiny little voice echo back:

"Love you".

*sigh*

In the end, that is what being a mama is all about.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so sweet! Isn't that the best part. That's exactly what my 3 1/2 year old does too! He says, "AAAAAY-men."

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Doesn't matter how bad of a day you have had or how big of a monster your little one has been, as soon as those little words come out of their mouth it makes your heart melt! --Suz

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: