10/7/10

PP Before/After Hop

I (obviously) love photography blogs, I love learning everyone's techniques and getting ideas from other photographers to use in my own practice. One blog I always read, Pixel Perfect, hosts a before/after blog hop that I love to look at but rarely (if ever?) have participated. The concept is to post your straight out of the camera shot, then your edited shot with an explanation of how you got the finished product. The one I'm posting today is a six-month old and his parents. It was one of the first "Fall" days and I felt like I could either "edit out" the tiniest bit of sun flare in the upper left corner, or work it to make it "feel like fall". Here's the "before":

I used PSE 6 and a Pioneer Woman action called "Sunshine" (you can download it FREE from her, by the way!) to get this result:
I feel like it warms up the shot and gives it that Autumn feeling that I remember from that day's photo shoot!

11 comments:

  1. Good job. I popped in over there and it looked like fun. I think I'll try it out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a lovely capture! and nice edit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it does warm up the shot. I love warm light in photos...it's very welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that! what a GREAT edit! the sunshine is perfect through the trees. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool! Or should I say "warm" love the glow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That action definitely works well for this shot!! And that baby's little chubby cheeks make me want to jump in that picture and smooch 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really does add just that hint of light that makes the shot a little more interesting. Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to find yet another lady who loves photography. I'm now following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I love adding warmth to photos!

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: