3/6/11

Let's Celebrate!


Happy Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month!

What's that you say? You weren't aware? Chew on these facts:
Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death for men & women.
This year, 131 THOUSAND Americans will be diagnosed with colon cancer. 56 thousand will DIE.
Because symptoms are sometimes hidden or non-existent, early detection is crucial. Get screened.
Wondering if you're at risk? Click here and read up.

"Why do you care?" you dear readers ask... (or maybe not? but I'm pretending you do!)

Because although those over 50, African-Americans and those considered "sedentary" are in the highest risk group, I have a friend who is none of the above, and he's in the fight of his life... For his life. He was so lucky that he caught it early and received immediate treatment. His story will have a great ending, I just know it. But others won't be so lucky.
So, I asked myself, what could I possibly do to honor my friend? Well, RUN for him, of course!!

So my husband and I suited up with our self-made shirts (funny, right?) and turned up in 19 degree weather to run a 5K. It was cold but it was fun, and we finished in 26:26.

So pay attention to the signs. Don't be afraid to get a scope. It could just save your life.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! Congratulations!!! You guys look great - love the shirts!!!

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: