9/13/09

Things I've Meant to Blog About...

I have a photo-file on my computer that holds pictures that I mean to post here and blog about. It needs cleaned out, so you're going to get to see all the photo-file housecleaning that I have to offer.
Whatever.
It's my blog, so if you don't like it you can bug off.
Get it? Bug off... ha. 
Guess what? My camera has a macro setting that is great for taking pictures of bugs.
Even though I think the praying mantis would believe it's much better than the other insects you've seen here today.

We also recently had a garage sale and got rid of a bunch of stuff... 
We tagged everything:
Even though she was marked "Make Offer" we didn't ever get an offer that we thought was good enough. So we kept her... The rest of the junk we didn't sell went right to Goodwill and didn't even come back in the house. 
Madigan did get to come back in the house, however, and after a nap she was much less sassy. 


I also debated on an entire post on these pictures, but I didn't know whether to name it "Why Geese are Creepy and Satanic"  or  "The Day Madigan Should Have Contracted Bird Flu". Either way, I figured both titles were too long. 

But I would say that it's obvious that I'm right about the geese....

Oh, and the Bird Flu: 
We found a piece of bread laying on the ground at a nature barn here in Kearney. So we dug it out of the animal pen and Brett fed most of it to a llama...

Or is that an alpaca? I don't know. 
Either way, we were intently watching the critter chew the bread up. And we were also debating on if it was an alpaca or a llama. 
We never came to an agreement.

Anyway, like I said, he fed part of the bread to the llam-paca. 
The other part... 
well...
Madigan had bit it out of his hand while we were debating.
Brett attempted to dig it out of her mouth but he didn't have much success. 
 Lets face it... she was already exposed to whatever sort of bird flu virus that was all over that germ crusted bun we found on the ground. 
But just to be safe, I waited 10 days from when it happened to post these pictures.
You know, just in case she really would have gotten bird flu or something.
Then, of course, I never would have told you that she ate that bun to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: