11/11/09

I ♥ Paula Deen


When I grow up, I want to be Paula Deen.
No, seriously, I do. I really really do.

I decided I can over look her almost indecipherable Southern accent because she introduced me to butter cake. Take a second to soak that up.... butter. cake. 6 ingredients, the majority of which is actual butter and cake.
Here's the recipe:
Cake:
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 tablespoons butter, melted
Mix together and pat into lightly greased 9x13.
Filling:
8 oz soft cream cheese
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 ounces butter, melted
16 ounces powdered sugar
Mix together and spread over the cake mixture.
Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. The center should still be soft/gooey when you remove it from the oven. Cool it completely as this cake is best served at room temp.
True Paula-fans know that you can NOT sub margarine for butter. But just in case it's your first foray into Paula-ness, take note. NO Margarine. Mmmk?

My husband and I enjoyed this cake one night after tucking the lil sillyhille into bed. We snuggled up in front of the CMA's and brewed some decaf chocolate truffle coffee. It was delightful. If you have at home date nights, I highly suggest this. You won't be dissapointed.
Let me know if you try it...

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh! We will be making that!!!! Isn't date night at home FUN! You can stay in your jammies and stuff. Josh and I went to the real movies the other night and I fell asleep! What a waste of money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, new reader here. I really like your blog and I will most certainly be making this in the near future!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I want to be her too! Or for her to at least by my grandma! :)

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: