3/18/10

Bullet Points...

Dot dot dot...
Bullet points: not exactly a coherent post but I'm going to give a quick synopsis of the happenings here and I suppose if you have a "vote" as to what YOU want to hear more about, just leave me a comment....

  • Brett and I have recently re-started weight watchers. Ok, so I have re-started, he is just starting for the first time, and mainly to support me. After doing some math before our anniversary and realizing that we have gained almost 100 pounds since we started dating*, we were motivated to change! So far, so good. (*for the record: we started dating when he was 15 and I was 17, so it's not like we were full grown adults. But 100 lbs? Really? WAY too much weight.) Wait- did you just call me a cradle robber?
  • We bought a jogging stroller. Neither of us jog. We set a goal to run a 5k this fall. My motto prior to this was "I don't run unless things chase me". I guess fear of impending morbid obesity, stroke, heart attack, and death are now chasing me. Run, Sarah, Run!! We finally got weather today that was nice enough for said "jog". It wasn't pretty. But the stroller works good and when I stopped to walk a bit, Madigan said "More! Whee! More!"
  • Spring is in the air, and I have babies on my mind. Oh, the complexities of this statement.
  • Madigan's brain has officially hard wired her "speech center" and there's no going back. Among the things she has said this week: "I see you, daddy!", "No. NO! Sit DOWN!", and "Stinky. Me stinky." She's also a rock star at naming body parts. I see a medical future for this child.
  • We are contemplating potty training. She's showing signs of readiness. I'm not so much ready for that (emotionally or physically). Is 20 months too young? Ugh.
  • We have committed to driving both of our (paid for) vehicles "until the weels fall off". We thought that we were dangerously close this week with Brett's truck. He tried without success to fix it, then we had to have it towed and fixed for under $300. (It's probably worth about $500 as a trade in!). A newer vehicle is on the horizon, I just hope it's a year or two away.
  • My photography business has really started to take off! I have not really advertised, and almost all my referrals have come by word of mouth. I'm very excited, I love photography!
I think that cover a majority of our lives right now. I promise to post pictures again soon...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the weight loss. It sounds like the stroller has you on the right track. And your "not running unless being chased" comment cracked me up. (-;

    We have one of those vehicles too that we have to stop and consider the kelly blue book value before we spring for a repair. I hope yours holds on for awhile longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the weight loss and running. Here's my likely useless assvice that you probably already know: men drop weight so much faster and they tend to run faster, so it can be frustrating. I mean, if Mr. LC gives up dessert for a week or adds one run in, he's down five pounds I swear. Me, not so much. And he's always saying I'm running too slow, but I always tell him I have shorter legs :)

    You know about the Mr. LC's car--we finally sold it, to someone who's a mechanic and they can fix it and give it a few more years, which made us feel good for the car. Why we have feelings for the car I'm not sure, but we do :)

    Hooray for your photography business! You are so talented.

    And it's spring--yay!--of course you have babies on the brain :)

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: