3/2/10


On the road again....

We took a long weekend and decided to go visit my brother Ben & his wife Jamie in Wichita. We were nervous about the 5 hour trip with our tiny tagalong, and unnecessarily so. We left at nap time, and although she doesn't sleep much in the car, she did enjoy the new toys and books we picked out just special for this trip. After a small stop at a super-fancy McD's (of which I'm a firm believer now that every Mickey D's should have play-places!), we made it to Wichita in great time. Madigan was so excited to see her uncle Ben and aunt Jamie! Last time we saw them, Madigan was just so-so about Ben... This time, she fell head over heels in love with him.
Part of the reason we went was to haul down a load of baby things- our travel system, high chair, baby bath tub, and various baby accessories all got left for the new addition to their family.
We spent Saturday morning exploring one of the neatest "hands on" museums I've been to. Mr. Potato Head exhibits, music and sound demonstrations (hands on!), a giant toddler play area (Madigan went "swimming" in the pond. Oopsie!) and an aviation exhibit (build your own paper airplane, anyone?) were just a few of the things we saw.
Parental worries about napping in unfamiliar territory were also unfounded. She was so exhausted, she was begging for a nap! I did some consignment shopping with Jamie, then we did Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. Sunday we did Granite City Brewery for brunch, naps all around, and then more shopping at Toys R Us. We were so sad to have to leave on Monday after lunch time, but have vowed to get back to visit more than once a year! Meeting up with them in "middle ground" at our parent's house is fine, but visiting each other in our "own" hometowns is sometimes twice as fun! I just love taking Madigan on new adventures, and seeing her excitement at new things. I love seeing her develop her relationship with her aunt and uncle; I can't wait until she gets to meet her new little baby girl cousin this August.

On the road again....


I can't wait to get on the road again...


Goin' places that I have never been.


Seeing things that I may never see again...


I can't wait


to get on the road again.


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful and beautiful daughter you have. And you're just as wonderful of parents. I really enjoyed hanging with my precious niece and her parents. I saw a little glimpse of the joy I will soon be blessed with. Thanks for all the parenting advice-you can guarantee I'll be calling you for more:) And I can't thank you enough for all the baby gear. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: