1/7/11

Full

Back when we were trying to get pregnant, I felt very alone. I didn't have any "in real life" friends who had difficulties getting pregnant- it was lonely. Seeking more information about infertility, I came across an online support group for infertile women. I found so many women there, just like me, wanting more than anything to become a mother to someone.
Several of these women "graduated", and a few of them even had children the same month as I did! Some did not and although I know it was hard, they continued to offer support to me and I to them as much as we could. I can honestly say that I have true, blue friends in this world- friends who's faces I've never seen!

One friend is married to a children's musician (among this family's plethora of talents), who sent Miss M a care package full of music and threads from her hubs. Madigan is a huge "Fanbot"- I'd offer a better picture as proof but when she's got her "Madigan-bot" shirt on, she's a robot dancing fool....
So I was clap-my-hands-and-laugh-out-loud excited when I read her most recent blogging adventure. Read up, soak it up, and follow along with her.


She's not the only never-been-met friend of mine with an amazing story. Check out April, another friend from the same support group. She's got a daughter close in age to Madigan, and a son that her family is now in the midst of bringing home from Korea. If you'd like to get in on her amazing fundraiser, then I suggest you click on that as well.

I guess if this rambling has any point at all it's this:
Maybe sometimes the things in life that seem to make us feel so empty and isolated in the beginning are actually the things that, given a little time, will make our hearts and lives feel so overwhelmingly full.

4 comments:

  1. This is, in different words, what my Mom always says: Everything happens for a reason! So if something "bad" happens or things aren't going your way, just wait, and a lesson, story, advice, event-SOMETHING, will come out of it! Great way to word it, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful and blessed that our paths have crossed again. You are an amazing woman and I'm proud to call you my friend as well.

    By th way...poet, you are. You have some mad writing skills! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that is one super cute fanbot you have there! Thanks for the kind words, the unending support--it is super crazy the paths that life has led us (both) down and I'm just glad to have people like you in my life. Huge hugs, and I cannot wait to see how things continue to unfold for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and am so incredibly thrilled for Mr. and Mrs. Leebot!

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: