1/24/11

Slacker...


Just checking in.... promise I didn't fall of the face of the Earth!

Actually, "real life" has been very busy- my real job has gotten REAL! :) I was hired in October and trained to work for a new surgeon. She's here, and has hit the ground running. From the few weeks I've worked with her, I'm really impressed with her as both a physician and a person. It's really nice to work for a doctor that you respect, and honestly this is the first job in a long time that I haven't had that "Sunday Dread" feeling... You know- when you realize that the following day is a work day, and then you just feel like crying? Hasn't happened here yet. That's a bonus!

I also spent a long weekend babysitting my 5 month old niece. Had to sneak a quick photo session in with her:
She's gorgeous! We have had a lot of people compare her looks to Madigan at the same age. What do you think?

They could definitely pass for sisters! (My niece is my brother's daughter).

I also have been busy working out... I think I'm officially ready to announce that I signed up for my first race... a half-marathon.
It is my goal to finish it- I'm fairly sure running the entire way is out of the question! But I have a "go big" mentality with goal setting, and needed something to work for. The race is April 9th- feel free to plan on being there with hand-made signs to cheer me on!! I'm gonna need all the motivation possible... I'm using a 12 week training program so we will see how it goes. :) (Any advice from you runners is greatly appreciated!!)

That's about all I have to say for now!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! A half marathon! I run three or four times a week but can't imagine training for a half. You go girl! That will be an awesome accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Paige is soooo adorable! Your parents have a lot of good lookin' grandkids! All of them are gorgeous!
    Way to go on the half marathon! WOW, I thought a 5K would be tough! HA! Where is it at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW--so much going on!
    On the work front: I feel lucky to work for great docs. Some Sundays I still feel the "ugh" but overall, very happy, glad it's working out for you!

    The pics are adorable--the second one I think she is saying "why yes, I AM adorable, thankyouverymuch."

    And thirdly A HALF MARATHON!!! Woot! I've never even run one and I call myself a runner! I have serious feet issues when I train more than 10 or 11 miles at a time but I would love to do a half. You will be my inspiration! GO SARAH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are crazy similar! Paige and Madigan look like the same baby. And, way to go! My goal is to do a half marathon one day, too....we'll see ;)

    ReplyDelete

(persistence pays off! you may need to click "comment" two or three times to get it to "stick". You will be asked for word verification before posting to ensure it's not spam. Keep clicking "comment" until your thoughts are heard!)

Let's hear YOUR thoughts: